Monday, April 10, 2017

Around OakMeadows

Around OakMeadows

The grass pollen level is very high so my poor eyes are itching and I am trying my best not to constantly rub them. I've taken Claritin and ibuprofen so maybe it will get a little better.  DD came over today.  We had Chipotle for lunch and instead of watching The Great British Bake Off, we went to bed and slept for a couple of hours. JMM and I both had insomnia last night and she was exhausted from the BBQ Festival yesterday. We all felt better when we got up. 

Our horrible President struck Syria with 59 Tomahawk missiles last week in response to their using sarin gas on a rebel town.  Assad has been barrel bombing rebel cities all over Syria for the past 6 years but killing people with gas is supposedly much worse than killing with bombs. So we put our right foot in and we shake it all about..... Now the Moron in Chief is sending a Navy strike force to Korea.  What could possibly go wrong.....

I finished reading Climate Change and the Health of Nations by Anthony McMichael.  It was excellent. I will have a review up later this week. I also finished In This Grave Hour by Jacqueline Winspear. It was another excellent Maisie Dobbs mystery. 

I am almost finished cutting out the pieces for my next Scrap Quilt. Speaking of quilts, I learned that the new baby is a girl.  I have a quilt and a wall hanging suitable for a baby girl. Not sure which to send.  

We are planning a quick trip to the Rio Grande Valley Friday and Saturday. I want to go to the National Butterfly Center, one of the parks, and maybe the turtle rescue center. 

That's about all here at OakMeadows where the barn swallows are nesting on the porch and the people are cleaning the bird poop off the concrete. 

1 comment:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Grass pollen is the reason we don't go back to Oregon until July. April through June it is terrible there for hay-fever sufferers. On bad days, I get itchy eyes, but Bill can't see and can't breath. Both are sort-of important ;>). So as long as we can keep playing this cross-country game, the better.

I miss seeing swallows and perching birds, but you do show the downside of having them share your home.

Have a great time on your trip! (And hope the change even if brief brings some allergy relief.)