Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Around OakMeadows

Christmas decorations 

Around OakMeadows

One evening last week when it was unseasonably warm, my husband was reading in his recliner and had the back door open.  Just as I came into the room, a little brown face with a black mask peeked inside. I was startled to see him and he was just as startled to see me. It was Mikey (named from the old Cereal commercial) who had been sent by his 3 siblings to let JMM know that the food tray needed refilling.  He waited while JMM filled up the can with dog chow and followed him down the path to the food tray. The others were waiting in the tree and came down as JMM left. I call JMM the Raccoon Pied Piper.  

This has been the year that I have done nothing for Christmas. JMM got the 5 plastic bins of decorations down as he always does the day after Thanksgiving. After a few days of just sitting there, I realized that if I left it all in the boxes, I wouldn't have to put it all away on New Years Day. So I did not take anything out. And the world did not end. I'm not depressed or anything, I just didn't want to be bothered. And I won't be cooking Christmas dinner either since we will be in Las Vegas. No Christmas cards, no decorations, and no cooking Christmas dinner. And I like it just fine. 

We are leaving for Las Vegas on Christmas Eve. Daughter and Son-in-law are meeting us there. None of us gamble so we are seeing shows and eating out for 4 days. Daughter has never seen "O" and I am delighted to see it again. Other shows include Rock of Ages, a Michael Jackson show, and Blue Man. I think we may see Seinfeld but I'm not sure. JMM wanted to see Celine Dionne but she is not there over Christmas.  It is certainly a different Christmas for us. 

That's all the news from OakMeadows where the cats all nap and so do the people. 

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Christmas in Vegas sounds like a fun time. I did not put up any decorations this year either. I hope you have a fun and safe trip! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Hattie said...

I have family here, so we have a tree and will be visiting other relatives. Since I haven't been feeling well, others are stepping in and doing the necessary things.
Enjoy your Vegas Christmas and have a Happy New Year!