Wednesday, November 9, 2016

November Around OakMeadows

Around OakMeadows 

Well drat, The Donald won and Hillary lost and the Republicans hold both the House of Representatives and the Senate.  So The Donald should have an open path to implementing his programs and policies.  It will be interesting to see in 4 years if the people who voted for him are any better off or any less angry than they are today. We shall see. 

It was an overcast day so very few butterflies were out.  We've been trying to track down a source of Blue Mist Flower plants (not seeds) as we have learned that the blooms are very attractive to bees and butterflies. JMM checked at Enchanted Gardens and they said they will have them in the early spring, February or March.  I want to rip out the lantana and replace it with the Mist Flowers.  

JMM took Misty and Bandit to get their shots and he said that he had a time getting Misty out of her carrier but Bandit just strolled out when the cage was open, got his shot, and strolled back in.  Cats are so individual.  

Went to lunch today with DD and DSIL at Pappadeaux for their good seafood.  It was kind of a going away lunch since she leaves for Washington on Friday for an 18 month assignment.  Goodness, I am going to miss her!

I am so pleased with the fabric I have for my next quilt. It is going to be a baby boy quilt. I am going to try to get it cut out tomorrow.  

Reading two really good books: The Strange Case of the Broad Street Pump by Sandra Hempel and Commonwealth by Ann Patchett.  

That's about all the news around OakMeadows where the cats eat Fancy Feast and the people eat leftovers.  

3 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I started reading another Glenn Beck book...this time it's non-fiction and VERY well written.

Seafood? Did you say seafood? YUM!!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, all I can say is I hope it will be a fast four years. I love almost any kind of flower, especially ones that attract the butterflies. Seafood is my favorite, yum! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!

Rambling Woods said...

Drat is one way of putting it. I thinking midterms as hope