Monday, August 24, 2009

J. Mario Gonzalez M.D. RIP

I can hardly believe that I'll never fill another medication order with his scrawling signature. He was murdered Saturday in an apparent robbery while at his ranch.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6584286.html

He was born in poverty in Guatemala and worked and studied his way to the top of his profession. He was a good and caring man and he was a great doctor who gave the best of care to his patients most of whom were critically ill.

We are all in shock over this. He will be greatly missed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I worked with Dr. Gonzalez for a number of years, when I was with Bayer. I am shocked and saddened by this senseless and selfish act. I cannot tell you the number of times he treated my family at no charge, even though we insisted that we pay. He was a good and kind man that will be missed.

Rue