Sunday, April 5, 2009

The New Schedule at Work

I've had a pretty sweet schedule at work for the past few years--I work evening shift (by my choice) and have my weekends free. That's all coming to an end beginning today. The original schedule was to work 2 weeks of days and 2 weeks of evenings and every other weekend. I was able to pair up with someone so that I get to keep my straight evenings but there is no avoiding the weekends. In all honesty though, I don't mind the weekends because it is nice to have some days off during the week. What really does have me worried is that we are now having to rotate through night shift when they have someone out on vacation. I know I can make it through the first night and probably through the second but after that I will be a zombie and maybe not safe to drive home. I amy have to get JMM to drive me home.
I know we have a hiring freeze and the managers are trying to stretch personnel but my, oh my, covering night shift is a major ordeal for me.

No comments: