Sunday, February 15, 2009

Garden Update

It is beginning to look like spring! I am certainly ready for it because I am tired of being cold. I love my house but it is the coldest house I have ever lived in; I think it has something to do with the large tiled area or maybe it is the high ceilings but whatever, in the winter, it is cold and I am cold an I don't like it.

Anyway, back to the garden. The sugar snap peas are up and growing toward the trellises. The rain this week has certainly helped. JMM planted the cucmbers and some seedless watermelons this weekend. I want to plant a couple of tomato plants this year although I usually have very little success growing them. Actually, I've done well with cherry tomatoes in the past.

We pruned the rose bushes on Valentine's Day as usual. JMM moved 2 of them as they were really too close together.

No comments: